Do you want to unload some books off your TBR pile?
Greetings to one and all! This year has been a wonderful year reading wise. I had set a moderate goal of 30 books to compensate for the six months of joining Goodreads late. I am glad to be done with it already so I want to reward myself with taking part in a challenge which will help in shrinking my TBR pile even further.
The time has come to tackle all those books which haven’t felt as important as the ones you have read till now. Brace yourself for the Beat the Backlist Challenge posted on Novel Knight’s blog. This challenge is so great that you simply cannot resist yourselves into taking part. The idea behind it is to pick up books that you have been meaning to read but just couldn’t get time. With this said, I would like to express my gratitude towards LFBooks @laurafreestone for telling me about this challenge in the first place. Read her blog posts if you haven’t already, you will find some amazing blogging tips.
On this note, let me briefly write down the rules as well. This is going to be a year-long challenge starting from 1st Jan 2018 to 31 Dec 2018. Decide the TBR in advance including only the books that have been published in 2017 or earlier and post it somewhere either on Goodreads or on the blog basically anywhere you can keep a track of your progress. Finally, read and read to knock some books off your humongous TBR pile. The best part is you can earn points for your team and win prizes as well. I’m in Dewey Dragons. So, here is my list.
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- A Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
- Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
- Indian Writings
- The Ministry of Utmost Happiness by Arundhati Roy
- Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
- The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
- The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
- Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward
- Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The Thing Around Your Neck by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Six of Crows Duology by Leigh Bardugo
- A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2)
Doesn’t this challenge sound amazing? So, what are you waiting for! Stop by Novel Knight’s blog to read more details and SIGN UP! Post your updates on Twitter with the hashtag #BeatTheBacklist to get in touch with your teammates.
I will be adding more books to this list including a variety of genres which I am yet to explore. You can check out my shelf here. Let me know in the comments if you find this challenge cool or not.
Happy (BTB) Reading!